Sunday, 16 June 2013

Details In the Fabric.

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS.

Watching a movie twice because you love it so much has its downsides. I don’t mean to say that I didn’t notice the minor hiccups during my first viewing, but what I’m trying to convey is that the second time around, the great impression I had became merely good, and the slight criticisms grew larger.

Yes, I am talking about my much-beloved Man of Steel.

Points of Critique*  (As someone who has not read any of the comics or understands the DC timeline)

Physics Defiance: When Clark saves the people in the fire, he appears to be both on fire and wet at the same time. Does the law of physics get denied just because he is SUPERMAN?

Delayed Powers: Why did young Clark Kent only begin to exhibit his superpowers and enhanced senses around the age of 7 or 8? Didn’t he get exposed to the sun and air for like 7 or 8 years prior?

The Suit's Origin: How did the Kryptonian suit appear in the scavenger ship? Does that imply he’s wearing a 20,000-year-old Kryptonian outfit?

Similarities to Other Heroes: Didn’t some parts of the movie remind you of Thor and Spider-Man? I mention Spider-Man because of all the graphic fight scenes that resembled a video game.

Choice of Earth: Why did they choose Earth to rebuild Krypton when they could have selected any one of the seven nearby planets? They can actually change the environment to suit their people!

These are all the critiques I can think of for now because I am still more impressed with Henry Cavill's good looks and how Christopher Nolan brought Superman's story to a whole new level. 

And I have to say, thank you for not bringing up the Kryptonite in this version of superman just yet. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment