Recently, I found myself in front of a flower shop, captivated by the beautiful sunflowers trapped in a vase and roses elegantly arranged in a bunch, caged in a cold cellar. The inner botanist in me sparked an idea: what if my sister, who is currently pursuing her postgraduate studies in tissue culture and taxonomy, could find a way to make flowers hardier against temperature changes and environmental factors after they’ve been plucked? This could extend their lifespan or "freshness time" after being arranged into bouquets. Just imagine how much money could be made by introducing such a concept into the market!
Is Money Good?
Speaking of business, I often ponder whether money is truly good. I struggle to understand how a materialistic approach to one’s career can ever be beneficial. We live in a world where technology is constantly evolving, and every day feels like a rat race. I’m beginning to believe that people who live by passion are slowly becoming extinct. Call me old school or even backward, but I am 100% in favor of passion. I firmly believe that one should choose their career based on what they love; no amount of money should replace that passion.
Passion can be incredibly powerful—the more passion you have, the better you become in your field. It serves as an endless source of motivation. If you truly love what you do, you’ll create space for healthy competition and find joy in your work. For me, passion trumps money any day. Would you prefer a partner who loves you passionately or someone who only wants you for your wealth?
The Dilemma of Passion for Money
I’m not entirely sure where this train of thought is leading me, but what happens if someone has a passion for making money? All I can think is that they would likely make a good businessperson. This realization is part of why I left business studies; while I enjoy many things, I’m not one for competition or the relentless pursuit of profit. My desire is to be happy and to be of service to those around me. I thrive on working with people and engaging in conversations with them.
However, I’m uncertain how being in my chosen field will help me achieve that goal. I guess I’ll find out sooner or later!
No comments:
Post a Comment